Monday, August 25, 2008

Candi's car wreck 8-25-08


On 8/25/08, I was in a car wreck. Basically, someone pulled out in front of me and I wasn't able to stop in time. The front of my car plowed into the rear section of her car. I had my seatbelt on, Chloee was in her carseat. The airbags went off. When I opened my eyes, the car was full of smoke. I didn't even know my airbags had gone off. Someone finally stopped and walked over to see if we were OK. Lucky for me (I suppose) it happened at 21st and Harrison Blvd and there is a fire station on 21st street. A fireman walked over to check us out. The police showed up, asked me what happened and took my info. I figured I would need a ride home and called my grandpa who lives up the street. As I was on the phone with him, I noticed a gold Toyota truck pulling off on the side of the road. It was my dad! He happened to be driving home from work and came through the accident and saw me in the car crying. He couldn't get flipped around and parked fast enough. My grandpa showed up, he took Chloee up to his house while things got taken care of. A wrecker was called and they towed my car. The other driver got the ticket. She had the stop sign and I had right-of-way. We drove up to get my grandpa's truck that he was going to loan me until her insurance company could get me a rental. I took Chlooe and myself up the Instacare just to get checked out. I had burns on the backs of my hands and forearms (from the airbag deployment). And of course, whiplash. Chloee was checked for range of motion in her neck. The doc told me what to expect, soreness, headache, etc. He said that if things weren't feeling right or Chloee started not being herself, then to come back in. She was drinking a capri-sun at the time of the impact, and the straw in the juicebox scratched under her chin, otherwise she was fine. I am so thankful that the injuries from the accident were as minor as they were. My neck still gets sore. They decided to repair my car. Stegen's in Ogden did the work, it took about 4 weeks to get done. I have my car back and things seem to be fixed OK.

No comments: